About the Powers Museum
The Powers Museum was a gift to the residents of Carthage, Missouri from Marian Powers Winchester. At her death in 1981, Mrs. Winchester left a bequest "for the establishment and operation of a museum for the citizens of Carthage and the surrounding area." She requested the museum's name honor her parents Dr. Everett Powers (1869–1954) and Marian Wright Powers (1880–1969).
Digital exhibits include Riches from the Earth: The Geological and Industrial Heritage of Jasper County, 1865 -1965, part of the Missouri Digital Heritage project sponsored by the Missouri State Archives and the Missouri Secretary of State.
Thank you to all those who support the museum!
2015 Charter Friends of the Powers Museum Donors
Henry Robertson, Jr., Barbara Harris Johnson, Dr. Angela Firkus, Dr. Steven Wagner, Teresa & A.D. Henry, Richard & Dixie Vacca, Kimberly & Timothy Fisher, Lynda Homa & Steve Leibbrand, Marti Pittman, Sally Armstrong, Judy Byers Deatherage, Thomas & Majorie Rogler, Tom & Gail Higdon, Dale & Karla Rush, Linda & Larry James, Jane Crawford, Dale & Bev Mermoud, Claudia Mundell, Jeanne & Michael Goolsby, Lynn & Don Campbell, Daniel & Arrona Comer, Geri & Wynne Krell, Donna Newton, Michele & Gary Hansford, Stephen Adams, William Haughawout, Dr. Kelly Woestman, and John & Neva Gray.
2015 In-Kind Support & Artifact Donors
Carthage Community Foundation (archival reboxing project), J & L Sales (Jim Loomis), Teresa Henry, Michelle Montague, Michele & Gary Hansford, Lee Foster, Helen Hunter, Lori East, Chuck Pauly, Kay Abbiatti, Wennoma Shumaker, Ozarks Gateways Master Gardeners, Barton County Historical Society, Nevada Quilt Guild, Missouri Humanities Council/State Historical Society of Missouri Speakers Bureau, and History Museum of Springfield/Greene County.